1.You can be assured that Community Care Choice has policies and procedures which cover all legal requirements, including:
staffing and training;
proper record-keeping, including recording incidents and complaints.
2. You can be confident that staff know how to put these policies and procedures into practice. They have regular training to review this and to learn about new guidance.
3. You can be confident that the staff providing your support have the knowledge and skills gained from the experience of working with people whose needs are similar to yours. If they are new staff, they are being helped to get this experience as part of a planned training programme.
4. You can be confident that all the staff use methods that reflect up to date knowledge and best practice guidance, and that the management is continuously striving to improve practice.
5. You know that the provider’s staff and managers are all recruited and selected through a process which includes:
taking up references;
criminal records checks where required; and
cross-reference to the registers of the Scottish Social Services Council, the United Kingdom Central Council for Nurses, Midwives and Health Visitors (UKCC), or other professional organisations, where appropriate.
6. You can be confident that at all times the number of staff who are trained and who have the necessary skills will be sufficient to meet your support needs. The levels are agreed between the Care Inspectorate and the provider.
7. You know that the service has a staff development strategy and an effective yearly training plan for all its staff.
8. You know that whenever staff are involved in any financial transaction, it will be carefully recorded. This will be done in a way that can be checked by the Care Inspectorate.
Community Care Choice is a person centred organisation which supports individuals at home and in the community throughout Glasgow and the west of Scotland.
Our support allows our users to live their lives, realise their potential and fulfil their ambitions.